Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wait

The past few weeks have been, 'Well different!' Ha, I know... I will share more soon. For now I leave you with an amazing poem I read the other day! Enjoy and Christ's peace and joy for each of you today!!

Wait
by Russell Kelfer

Desperately, helplessly, longingly, I cried.
Quietly, patiently, lovingly, He replied. I
pleaded, and I wept for a clue to my fate,
And the Master so gently said, "Child, you
must wait."

"Wait? You say wait?" my indignant reply.
"Lord, I need answers, I need to know
why. Is your hand shortened? Or have you
not heard? By faith I have asked, and I'm
claiming you Word.

"My future, and all to which I can relate
Hangs in the balance, and you tell me
"wait"? I'm needing a 'yes,' a go-ahead sign,
Or even a 'no,' to which I can resign.

"And Lord, you have promised that if we
believe, We need but to ask, and we shall
receive. And Lord I've been asking, and
this is my cry: I'm weary of asking: I need
a reply!"

Then quietly, softly, I learned of my fate as
My master replied once again, "You must
wait." So I slumped in my chair; defeated
and taut And grumbled to God: "So I'm
waiting, for what?"

He seemed then to kneel and His eyes
met with mine And He tenderly said, "I
could give you a sign. I could shake the
heavens, darken the sun, Raise the dead,
cause the mountains to run.

"All you see I could give, and pleased you
would be. You would have what you want,
but you wouldn't know Me. You'd not
know the depth of My love for each saint;
You'd not know the power that I give to
the faint.

"You'd not learn to see through clouds of
despair; You'd not learn to trust, just by
knowing I'm there.

You'd not know the joy of resting in Me,
When darkness and silence was all you
could see.

"You would never experience that fullness
of love. As the peace of My Spirit descends
like a dove. You would know that I give,
and I save, for a start, But you'd not know
the depth of the beat of My heart.

"The glow of My comfort late in the night;
The faith that I give when you walk
without sight; The depth that's beyond
getting just what you ask From an infinite
God who makes what you have last.

"And you never would know, should your
pain quickly flee, What it means that 'My
grace is sufficient for thee.' Yes, your
dreams for that loved one o'ernight could
come true, But the loss! If you lost what
I'm doing in you.

"So be silent, my child, and in time you
will see That the greatest of gifts is to get
to know Me, and though oft' may My
answers seem terribly late, My most
precious answer of all... is still ... wait."

Wait... This is what God has been speaking to me for Years... wait in many different areas. Whether the wait period is 1 day or a life time, we must sacrifice all the same, and God has plans through it all! I have come to realize that nothing can really make it 'easier' while we wait, but our faith is strengthened which is the greatest gift of all. I'd gladly go through any trial God has planned for me if I get to learn more of Him and draw closer to His wonderful presence!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome poem and reflection with the perfect timing for me to read. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason and Shanna,

    Thank you for your encouraging note the other day. It has been amazing to see God's hand in Hank's life. It is good to hear from ya'll. I hope everything is going well.

    Derric and Samantha

    ReplyDelete