Monday, April 16, 2012

Garage (and Consignment) Sales

So I'm all about finding great bargins; especially on children's toys/clothes, books and beautiful home decor! I will admit that I love to find random decor for our home at places like TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Sometimes I'll make little trips to those type of stores just to see what they have. It makes for a great collection to mix and match all throughout the year; and all at a great price! Now that we have children, I am all about consignment sales/stores and shopping at nice community garage sales! These items are all in great condition and at such low prices (especially the garage sales!). Let's face it, children outgrow their clothes so fast. It's wonderful having gently used clothes of all sizes on hand. They grow so fast, it's important to keep the next sizes ready to pull out. Children also outgrow toys so fast. Often toys don't even get played with that much before the child is off to the next ones.

I'd say about 70-85% of our children's clothes and toys have come from consignment sales/shops and garage sales or hand-me-downs. We've bought some new things of course and we've received gifts from family and friends. But we are so thankful for all of our wonderful gifts that used to be other's!

Anyways, I just recently went to a community garage sale this weekend and found just what I was looking for; outdoor cars, trucks, etc. Here are just a few of my finds:

Fisher Price Kitchen - $15 (New for $150+)

Golf Clubs $0.50 and a lot of outdoor trucks (the one below was also $0.50)

Bubble Lawn Mower - $1 and Tonka Steel Truck $4 (these are typically $30+ new)

Power Wheels - $2 (new for $100+)

Tee Ball Set $1

MatchBox Cars, race track and others for $1 total

Leap Frog Click Start complete Game system with two games - $5 (New for $45 and games are $10+ each)
We already have one of these, but I've been needing to buy another keyboard so they can both play with it together. This was a great surprise to find!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You will have to clue me in on where to go!

    ReplyDelete