Sunday, July 4, 2010

June Summary: Laugher and Playing!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. Honestly, it’s been a while since I’ve written anything in my journal either. I guess you can say that Jason and I have just been enjoying life and each other the past couple of months. While there is so much I could write about, I think the best thing to do is summarize May and June:

A Time of Laughing and Playing
Jason and I have spent so much time ‘playing’ these past couple of months. Jason started to play softball with the men’s church league and thus we have been getting into playing catch multiple times a week. It’s been so nice getting outdoors and enjoying the weather; albeit hot and humid here in Houston… Before it got too hot we spent a lot of time on our patio enjoying our back yard. We’ve played and relaxed a whole lot more; just truly enjoying each other’s company and friendship. This has been great therapy after a rough 1st half of the year.

Dancing!!
For a while there, Jason and I were not able to go to the dancehall due to my foot problem. After the health issues in March/April and having to stay off of my feet, my foot has been so much better. We’ve fully taken advantage of this and have gone dancing at least 5 or 6 times the past 2 months. What a gift! We’ve had a blast.

Dallas
My best friend Tiff got married mid-June in Dallas. We left Thursday night after work and came back on a Sunday. Her wedding was on a Friday and then we stayed on Saturday night also so we could go dancing. We even got to see my family while we were there as they were in town that weekend as well. It was all great fun. Here are some pics!



















































Transfer Prep Began
I began to take the meds to prepare for our upcoming transfer back in May sometime. Because of the hormones I’ve been on, I’ve been struggling with not being able to sleep at night and mood changes. There’s nothing you can do about the sleeping, but God has helped my moods. I’ve learned to joke a lot about how it makes me feel knowing God can help me not act it out! Another strange and very rough thing for me is my inability to focus on reading. I LOVE to read and this past month I have not been able to read (or write) more than a paragraph or two without getting sidetracked. This is just not like me. Within this past week however, I’ve felt so much better and I’ve been able to read again. I’m hoping the writing aspect is coming along as well. My mind is clearer and I am not so grumpy ;) I am thankful and I’m sure Jason is too! I’m so ready for our transfer and for our little babies to be with me again. I’ll write more later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment