Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gavin and Wyatt - Our two sons!!

Jason and I found out yesterday that we are in fact having two sons! Oh what a joy we are being blessed with. We can't wait to meet our little Gavin and Wyatt! I have so many images running through my head. I keep thinking of all the fun they are going to have together and with us. I see them learning to fish and hunt and ride a bike and throw a ball together. I see them learning to read and write. I see them getting into mischief and playing in the mud! I see Aggie games and family vacations. Most of all though, I find myself so excited about learning who God made them to be. What are their spiritual gifts, their individual personalities? What plans does God have for them and what can we do as their parents to help them follow God's path? I can't wait to see them become the men God created them to be. I'm so thankful that I am blessed to be their mother and that they have such a wonderful father as an example! Of all the things of motherhood I'm most looking forward to is teaching them about their wonderful Father, Creator and Savior. I can't wait to hold them and kiss them and share with them about God's love. I can't wait to be able to help them see life through His eyes and not ours or the worlds. I have so very many prayers for our sons, but my biggest prayer is that they walk in the path of their Lord and become men after His own heart. There is no greater joy in this life than to walk with our Father. The blessings that come from a relationship with Him are beyond any worldly desire.

Oh, I could go on and on, but the tears won't stop flowing. I am so thankful and forever will be. Thank you Lord for entrusting us with two of your precious sons!

1 comment:

  1. what exciting news!! i am beyond thrilled for you guys. thanks for sharing your thoughts and excitement about all of this. it has made me want to pick up Sacred Parenting and continue reading after these weeks that i've sort of forgotten about it! i am going to do that now! love you!

    ReplyDelete