Saturday, October 9, 2010

We have a BOY! & 16 weeks update


A few weeks ago I took a blood test which told Jason and me that we are having at least one boy! It's so much fun starting to know who is growing inside of me! I was so excited to find out that I alternated from crying to running around dancing. The dogs thought I was crazy! I found out the test results during the day, so I had the house decorated with balloons and boy stuff when Jason got home from work to surprise him :)


We are happy to say that Gavin Matthew French will make his appearance in March along with his brother Wyatt or sister Jenna. We should know the sex of both babies within the next few weeks if all goes well!









Here is an update of my growth at 16 weeks. I really have grown a whole lot (the picture does not do my growth justice)! The babies go through phases of lots of movements and then other times it's a little calmer. I'll be honest and say that I enjoy the movements a whole lot more now just knowing that they are doing well. I'm no longer feeling them only in a couple of different spots, but now in many areas. The highest I used to feel Baby B was about an inch below my bellybutton and now I'm feeling lots of movement above it! I can normally tell the difference between A and B moving but sometimes it's hard when it's on the lower left side.





I love being pregnant and so thankful that everything is going as well as it is. My weight and growth seems to be right on track for twins (although my tummy is already bigger than most of my friends that are 20-24 weeks prego with one baby!). I have to eat a lot of little meals throughout the day it seems. No cravings except that I've been going through a gallon of milk a week. Normally we might go through 1/2 a gallon every other week, but now I just can't seem to get enough. What a nice 'problem' to have during pregnancy :) A little mixing with Ovaltine makes for a very yummy snack!


For a while it seemed I was very uncomfortable in the evenings; almost like my insides were going to bust. But I think they have stretched and I'm taking a couple days off from fast growing because I've been feeling a lot more comfortable. Actually, the other day I told Jason I thought my stomach was shrinking and he just kindly laughed at me. He said there is no way my tummy is getting smaller; I'm just getting used to it. And used to it I am. Thank you Lord for our blessings and allowing me to be able to help bring your children into this world :)


UPDATE
So the below picture was taken on Oct 10th. I thought I'd post it since the above picture really doesn't show my tummy growth. You can see from the below picture that I definitely look pregnant these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment