Thursday, February 24, 2011

36 Week Update

Today I turned 36 weeks and thus start my 37th week! Only 10 more days until my scheduled C-Section on the 7th! Some days the 7th seems so far away and others it is just around the corner (all depending on just how uncomfortable I'm feeling!). My spirits are up, but I'm surprised at just how much the end of this pregnancy is getting to me. I'm so uncomfortable and the lack of sleep is hard. Yes, I know sleep will be greatly treasured and limited when the boys get here, but at least when I do sleep, it will be real sleep and I won't be so darn uncomfortable physically. I mean seriously... I just want to be able to pick up something off the floor, put on pants without having contractions, get on and off the pot easily, get into bed and roll over w/o feeling like my ribs will break, get into and out of the tub, sit with my legs closed, etc... The swelling has really gotten bad the past couple of weeks, but nothing that alarms the doctor. Swelling tends to be 'worse' with twins due to the extra placenta, so I guess I'm pretty lucky it's not even worse. The swelling is all over as you can see from my cute chubby face, but it's really my legs and feet that are the worse. It's down right scary sometimes at how bad it looks! But my blood pressure and all still looks great, so that I am very thankful for!

I noticed some very faint lines two nights ago and thought perhaps they might be the first sign of strech marks... Well, this afternoon, they were verfied along with a matching set on the other side. I've been growing so fast this past week, I guess it's to be expected. Having well over 12 lbs of baby already I guess I shouldn't be surprised a couple have popped up. I'll continue to lotion up, but hey, I guess it's just part of it. It will match nicely with my C-Section scar in the end ;)

Today I had my second appointment for the week and it went well as usual! The boys are doing so great and are so active. Makes this mommy very happy! I'm measuring about 52 weeks along... yeah, that's right... my tummy is huge! It's strange how they say '52 weeks', but technically that is just the centimeters your belly is from bottom to top. It varies depending on the boys positions... I've started to dilate a little; only about the size of a finger tip. And I'm about 30% effaced. Doctor said this is all normal and I'm looking great! Unless my blood pressure changes, she expects me to easily make it to the 7th. I go in on Monday to get an ultrasound to see if Gavin has flipped and is no longer breech. Neither the doctor nor I think he has moved though... but we will see. I'm not ruling out a natural delivery, just not getting my hopes up either! I know God is in control and He will allow me to go through the type of delivery perfect for me and the boys.

Jason and I spent last weekend getting the house completely ready for the boys. All laundry is done and things in their places. All I need to do is pack my hospital bag just in case I go in to labor a little early (although I don't feel like I will...). It's so wonderful to see the house ready for the boys! It makes my heart so full of joy!

Oh, I can't wait to meet Gavin and Wyatt; our two little blessings! I love them so much. I just want to hold them, kiss them, feed them, and nurture them. I can't wait to see their individual personalities and who God made them to be!


These two pictures were taken earlier this week at 35.5 weeks. Notice how my tummy is starting to hang at the bottom... it's so heavy!!


This picture below was taken at 35 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment