Tuesday, July 26, 2011

'Speaking of Expectations'... Yesterday's Thoughts for Today

I just reread my post from March 5th; right before the boys were born. In it I wrote, "Speaking of expectations... Jason and I are trying not to have any expectations about anything the next several months. I've read many books, have ideas on how we want to do things, but realize that each baby is different as is each family. We will take one day at a time and figure out what works best for Gavin, Wyatt, Dad and Mom. Without having expectations, we free ourselves to enjoy each stage without becoming disappointed or irritable at how things are or are not going."

What great words I needed to hear and to refocus on right now! No expectations on sleeping, eating, moods, etc. I need to keep focusing on each day at a time (actually more like every wake period). I need not be afraid to try new things, even if it doesn't work for our two boys. One thing that I do many times throughout the day is to ask my self 'What is God wanting me to teach or do for His children right now?'. This helps me get myself out of the equation and remember I am God's instrument for Gavin and Wyatt's lives. I so often keep trying to put myself back in the equation by thinking about rest, chores, etc.; which is why I say I ask myself this question many times throughout each day.

My focus for this week... Zero Expectations! Thank You God for these reminders and Your unfailing love and grace!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment