Tuesday, January 31, 2012

11 Weeks Update and Ultrasound

A certain twist of my body or bending a certain way will actually send a smile to my face these days. Just the past few days I’ve started to actually feel like I have something in my tummy! It feels like something the size of a grapefruit/softball is in there… and there is! Our sweet baby is well over an inch and a half (the size of a lime) already and has done so much in development in these past 11 weeks. I have so enjoyed reading about his/her development each morning. I’ve enjoyed looking at this pregnancy as a completely new one and not expecting the same things as I experienced with the boys. I’ve enjoyed taking each day and enjoying it to it’s fullest (yes, even when I'm pretty tired). I’ve enjoyed talking to our baby and telling it how much we love it. I love talking to Gavin and Wyatt about their little brother and sister, even though I know they don’t understand at all. A smile comes to my face as I imagine the three of them playing and growing up with each other!

Today was our OB appointment. The doctor wasn't sure if she would detect the heartbeat via doppler, so she did another ultrasound which we never mind! It was amazing! Our little baby has grown so much. He/she is now about 3.8cm (1 1/2 inches) and was jumping all over. We saw his/her arms and legs and even hands! He kept putting his hands on his face and 'waving' so it seemed. It was just precious watching. Heart beat was perfect too. It's so amazing laying there watching this little precious blessing jump around in my belly, which I can't even feel yet, all while thinking we weren't even planning to get pregnant several months ago. God has great plans for this baby and I am so thankful we get to be his/her mom and dad!! Here is a great photo of Baby French!!



The past few weeks have been going very well. I haven’t been nauseous in the past two weeks except for a time or two. Instead I’ve been very hungry throughout the day. It seems as though my body needs food every 2-3 hours, even if it’s just a small snack. If I don’t eat ‘on time’, my body gives me a 5 minute warning, then I get the shakes and start feeling very faint. As soon as I get food in me, I’m good to go. So, I’ve been eating at each meal with the boys still, plus a small snack after they go down for their first nap and then again sometime in the afternoon.

For a couple of weeks earlier in January, I was craving hot wings (Tabasco flavor) and hamburgers. Now it just seems that I want a hamburger every now and then! And oh, I really wanted ice cream one night, but I didn’t want us to have to get it, so I waited until the next day. So all in all, still no cravings. I’m starting to enjoy milk a whole lot more like I did with the boys. Still eating healthy and balanced despite my occasional craving for a hamburger ;)

I’m defiantly showing these days. I’m at that in-between phase concerning clothes again. My ‘pre-Gavin and Wyatt’ jeans don’t button anymore, and I really don’t like using the b-band b/c it doesn’t work that well. My maternity clothes are too big as are my ‘just after birth jeans’ I bought last year. So… yeah… that’s where I’m at… pants with a baggy toosh or yoga pants! But I wouldn’t trade it for anything!!

I go to get the ‘Jack or Jill’ blood test done on February 13th to determine the sex of the baby! A few days later we should know if we having a Jenna Lynn or a baby boy (name TBD)!! Then I can start working on the nursery; which I’m so excited about doing. There isn’t much to buy since we have everything baby related, so fixing up his/her room will give me an excuse to start spoiling our baby and getting ready for him/her!

What a blessing it is watching the newest addition to our family grow! I am so thankful and enjoying pregnancy again! God is so good; yesterday, today and always.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear all of the details -- it will be a fun valentine gift to know the sex!! love to you!!

    ReplyDelete