Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wyatt and Gavin's New 'Big Boy' Room

Originally we had left a full sized bed in the boys' room so 1) I'd have a place to sleep when they were sick and 2) we'd have another bed for guests beside the guest bedroom.  This was before we had children, yet alone twins.  Great idea, it just never worked that way.  When one or both were sick, I would use the guest bedroom to ensure the other baby got some rest while I tended to the other one.  When guest come over, there are only so many places to put TWO BABIES and we only have one pack and play.  So, this bed rarely was used.

Because the boys are older, I decided I wanted to get rid of the bed and make their room more of a 'big boy room' vs a nursery.  They love it!

Here are a couple of quick before clips of the room:


This part hasn't changed:

Here is their new room:

A reading area for two little boys who love to read!  I took the feather comforter and pillows from the bed and made a reading area 'under a cave' as we call it.  I then made 'rain gutter shelves' for the boys.  These are great for little ones; allowing them to easily put up books and to see the actual covers which is much better than just the spines. I also have a bucket of books below for them to dig through (not counting the other hundreds (literally) in the game room.  The boys just LOVE to read throughout the day, so this was perfect for them and will help foster what they already enjoy.
You can't see it, but I have our two crosses we've had since the boys were born 'For this child I have prayed' and above that it says, 'Rejoice in the Lord always'.  I love this because I'm always telling the boys to rejoice in the Lord and the day He has made!


There beds are now side by side.  When they are ready for their 'big boy beds', we'll keep them in this same position, just remove the front siding (convertible cribs).


Anyways, that's a little glimpse as our new 'big boy room'.

No comments:

Post a Comment