Wednesday, June 6, 2012

29 Weeks

Time is really going by quickly; I'm already well into my third trimester.  I thank God continually for feeling great and good health.  My tummy is growing quickly and Luke is getting stronger and stronger by the week.  He is actually very active these days.  He loves to stretch and utilize his room wisely.  His movements feel different than with the boys, because of all the extra room and the extra flips he gets to make.  He plays throughout the day and lets me know that I've woken him up each time I roll over in bed at night (which is a lot...).  It's cute watching him kick the boys when I am snuggling them; they haven't seem to notice yet though, even though their heads are bopping up and down from the movement.  I've started to be able to feel Luke's little head, butt and/or feet/hands at times poking through.  I love to get him sweet rubs just like I did with the boys.  I can tell he responds to a lot of my voice, as well as the boys when we are rolling on the floor playing.  He's always kicking Daddy when we snuggle at night.

My doctor visits are going well.  I don't go in nearly as often as I did with the boys and a lot fewer ultrasounds (part of having a singleton vs twins).  The doctor says I'm measuring perfect and Luke's heartbeat is great.  We actually scheduled the likely C-Section for August 20th (3 days prior to my due date).  It's so exciting thinking that we'll get to see our sweet little boy within 11 weeks!

We have a 'fun' ultrasound scheduled for late next week at another facility not associated with the doctors office.  We'll get a 3D/4D ultrasound and lots of room for family.  Both our moms will get to be there with us which will be fun!

This pregnancy is really going smoothly.  There are lots of times I honestly don't feel pregnant (except for my continually growing belly that is!).  My sciatic nerve is rarely acting up the past month or so which I am so grateful for.  Just the past week, I've noticed it's getting a little more difficult to get up off the floor without having to roll to my side; just another reminder my tummy is growing quickly!  I'm still rolling on the floor with the boys and chasing them.  Just this past week though, I've noticed my circulation isn't as good, but still not bad.  My feet and arms will fall asleep much easier and my shoulder bothers me a lot when trying to sleep on my side.  I'm always sitting on the floor snuggling the boys, and these days, my feet often fall asleep on me.  I've also seen a very slight increase in swelling, but still not even close to what it was at this time already with the boys.  I can still wear my rings easily.

The summer is getting warmer and warmer though and the humidity is high; the fun of pregnancy in Houston during the summer!  I try to have our outdoor play in the mornings before it's too hot, but late enough for some of the humidity to burn off.  We spend a lot of time at the pool (community and our water fun at the house) or air-condition these days.

Unlike the pregnancy with the boys in which I craved everything healthy... I could eat doughnuts and Pepsi (cherry Pepsi is the best) all day, every day this time around!  Ugh.  I of course eat healthy, but my cravings tell me to have a doughnut!  And by the late afternoon, my body NEEDS caffeine, ha.  Which reminds me, I've been trying to take as many naps as I can these days when the boys nap.  I want to make sure that my body at leasts gets the rest it needs since I'm so active during the day with Gavin and Wyatt.  I want to give all 4 of my boys everything I can, and these naps/rests sure help.  I'm still sleeping at night okay, but it's getting a little worse.  I toss and turn all night trying to get comfortable, which wakes Luke up and thus I lay there enjoying him play.  I fall asleep as he does and then have to wake up and pee (seriously averaging every 1-2 hours; but that's my fault because I have to drink a little each time I get up because I'm so thirsty...).  The heartburn has started each evening, but so far the Tums have helped.

So, this was a very randomly ordered post, but I did want to capture some tidbits of this pregnancy.  I am so excited to hold our sweet little boy soon, give him kisses and discover who God made him to be.  I am really getting excited!  I pray he knows how much he is loved.  I thank God for blessings us with his son, and pray for His guidance as we shepherd him in His ways and truths.  I'll post pictures of the ultrasound in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

  1. so glad you're feeling well and Luke is healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God for this round of pregnancy He has brought to you!! Aug. 20th will be here soon!!

    ReplyDelete