Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dreams

I read a devotional last Tuesday. At the end of the reading, it asked, "Why do you think dreams are important to us? Do you allow yourself to dream? Have you allowed broken dreams to stop you from dreaming altogether?"

My thoughts:
Dreaming...we must first look at our hearts and motives involved with these dreams. Are they from God or centered around worldliness? I recognize I have both; which I think is okay. What's important are that the God given dreams are what we hold onto, hope for and work for; the worldly ones we give to God.

God has given me dreams and passions that can only be form Him. These dreams I hold dear to my heart. I have had to learn that 'God is not interested in time, but rather timing.' Some times years and years will pass before any sign of answered prayers or open doors. Right when I say 'okay God, I see this might never happen, but I will continue to pray because all things are possible with You,' and most importantly want only His will and timing, then something happens to give hope to this dream! Those dreams I think God gives us to help us grow, to mold us and teach us. These passions from God are immeasurable gifts; even though they may cause much pain at times.

Other worldly dreams Jason and I have such as vacation plans, paying off all student loans as quickly as possible, building a patio in the backyard, paying off our house, etc. are okay too. Although filled with good intentions, they must be given to God, not made our main focus or goal/mission in life. We must understand that God may have other plans.

With God, all things are possible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment