Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Here I go... an overview

So I am determined to start to blog, after all, I have a lot to say! The past few months have been such a gift; Jason and I so enjoyed watching the birth of the 8 wonderful healthy puppies and watching them grow for 6 weeks. It was so hard to see them go, but it has been great seeing Pickles and Noodles back to normal and full of spunk! This past weekend we went to the farm. Jason and I had such a great time together, and the dogs thoroughly enjoyed running through the woods and playing in the mud towards the end! They are always so tired when they get back, it's pretty cute.


This time of the year always brings me such simple joy! I love watching the birth of new life as plants begin to turn green and grow and as flowers begin to bloom. I enjoy watching the baby animals start to branch out and try things for the first time. It's great to watch nature and all that it holds. God is truly amazing; what a gift He gives us each year. I've been working in our flowerbeds and our new garden the past few weeks! It's been so much fun and I can't thank Jason enough for helping me get the back garden ready. I've planted a mixture of flowers, herbs, fruits and veggies! Everything is growing really well. I've been so excited this week because the seeds I've planted (squash, zucchini, eggplant, watermelon, cantaloupe, and cucumbers) are all starting to sprout! What fun. I hope they produce fruit in a few months.

Recently I have asked God to open my eyes to begin to reveal the depth and width of who He is, what is going on in this world, our calling as Christians, and His will for my every step. I am so amazed at how God answers when we call on Him and seek Him. Slowly but surely a small veil is being removed from my eyes. God has allowed me to see the world around me without the blinders created by living 'the American way'. I have read "Revolution In World Missions" by K.P. Yohannan; founder of Gospel for Asia. This was God's first step in showing me the suffering of God's people and the depth of the Christian calling. Millions in places such as Asia have never even heard of God or His Son, Jesus Christ. We are to support in any way that God is calling us to help spread His Word. I am also now reading a book called "Escape From North Korea" by Paul Estabrooks. I will report on this area in more detail. God is teaching me how to pray for others (those I do not know and are afar as well), pray for nations, and pray for the spread of His will. While I pray I continue to open my eyes to our suffering brothers and sisters afar, I still feel my calling from God will be to help those here in America who have heard of God and His Son, to actually learn to KNOW Him and to follow Him.

These are trying times right now and many political decisions are being made that will take us further and further away from God's will. Issues such as abortion, stem cell research, economic decisions, etc all need many many prayers. Our leaders need to seek God and embrace His will and law. I will write more on this as well when I have time.

Peace and Joy to you all! Peace and Joy He brings to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment