Monday, March 30, 2009

From Places Afar to Places Called Home

As I mentioned in my previous blog, God has been answering my prayers to open my eyes (slowly but surely) to the world around me, the depth of Christianity and God Himself. The first book I read that made an impact on me in this area was Revolution in World Missions by K.P.Yohannan. Although I do not think the book was written extremely well, God helped me hear the message He wanted me to hear. In all my 25 years I have never heard the severity of the problems countries face, the number of unreached people (people who have never heard the Word of God of of Jesus), persecutions and missionary work in these areas.


Since I read this book, I have asked God to show me how to pray for these people and nations and those trying to reach them and make a difference. I have begun to follow closer sites such as The Voice of the Martyrs, Gospel for Asia, Open Doors and China Aid. In an article from Crosswalk.com, I came across a book I wanted to read; Escape From North Korea by Paul Estabrooks. As I read it my heart ached. Honestly I became angry that the conditions in North Korea are not vocalized and fought against more. In my opinion based on what I have read, North Korea conditions are similar to Germany during WW2... Why is this not being talked about? Why are Americans and other countries not doing anything to free and save the innocent souls from the evilness which 'governs' them? I highly recommend reading this book; it's easy reading and opens eyes to conditions that desperately needs to be changed.

I pray God shows me how to pray more deeply and what I can do as an individual. This brings me to my next point. I am saddened and tired of the many people, including Christians, in America not taking a stand for what is right. We know the Truth and yet we spend so much time trying 'not to offend' others around us. In the meantime, people around us are becoming more and more surrounded by and engulfed in sin. Look at the movies, the TV shows, advertisement, government, policies that find it 'morally and ethically' okay to kill innocent lives, sexual immorality, lack of parenting and marriage values, trying to 'remove' God from this country, etc... something needs to be done... souls need to be saved. Unlike other countries where people have never heard of God and His Son, American Christians need to help our fellow country brothers and sisters know God; truly know Him, not just know of Him. I am tired of being told 'oh well, there is nothing we can do...'. I pray God shows us what we can do. I pray this country grows and 'relearns' what it means to serve God, focus on Him and live for Him.

Until next time, may your days be filled with Christ, His joy and peace,
~Shanna~

No comments:

Post a Comment