Thursday, August 9, 2012

38 Weeks Pregnant!

I'm 38 weeks pregnant today!  I'm already further along than I was when the boys were born just a little more than 37 weeks!  This pregnancy has been such an incredible blessing and I'm so thankful for how healthy and smooth it has been for both Luke and me.  While this pregnancy has been 'easier' than my pregnancy with our twins, it's been a whole lot harder too!  Yes, if this was my first pregnancy, I can honestly say it would have been a breeze!  But all the physical strength needed for caring and loving on two little boys while pregnant has really taken it out of me.

This past Sunday my body reached a new level of exhaustion.  It is as if it knows Luke's arrival is nearing soon.  I just don't feel the same as I did last week; bigger aches and pressure and just a new type of fatigue (which makes my increase nesting phase harder and ill-timed!).  The aches, sciatic nerve pain and spasms keep me awake a lot throughout the night this week.  Luke is gaining weight too, because my tummy feels so heavy (I feel funny saying that though because last time I had 15 lbs of baby in me, plus two placentas!).  Anyways, needless to say, I'm READY to deliver!

My last prenatal appointment is tomorrow.  I'm going to talk to the doctor in detail about delivery.  I'm still not loosing complete hope of a natural delivery, even though we have the c-section scheduled for the 17th.  I want more than anything for God's will to be done; I know His ways are perfect!  But at the same time, I think perhaps He might will for a natural delivery...just maybe.  If Luke and I could be safe and healthy before and after a natural delivery, oh how wonderful that would be!  But... I remind myself to keep my eyes on God and He will lead.  I pray for peace no matter what.  I know I'll have lots of JOY regardless of the delivery method!

On to the JOY!!

Oh, I just can't wait to hold Luke!  I mean, I serious am having fits about wanting to hold him right now!  I want to snuggle him and give him lots of kisses.  I want him to feel the love and security for his mother, father and family.  I'm beyond excited about physically becoming a family of 5!

I'm so enjoying feeling him move inside me.  His movements seem so much more methodical than ever before.  I can feel him moving inside just as if he will outside the womb next week!  He's head down and has been for the past month.  He's been moving a lot the past several days too.  Sometimes I feel him facing inside, and sometimes I feel him facing out.  Facing out is always more comfortable, because let's face it, it just feels flat out odd when your organs get kicked.

I've been in a 'nesting' phase this past week.  I didn't think I had much left to do before Luke arrived, but I'm finding all sorts of things that keep me hopping.  All the laundry is done, his room is complete, the majority of hospital bags for the boys and me are packed, and lots of organizing has been done.  Let's just say, I have lots more organizing things I want to get done still.  Perhaps this weekend I'll be done enough!

The past couple of days, the boys have been very clingy with me.  Beyond our typical snuggling, which I just LOVE, they've both had to be ON my lap or in my arms at the SAME time.  Let's just say my lap is growing smaller by the day, which makes this even harder!  It's not just crying if I leave the room; it's a melt down if I stand up to get the phone, fill my water glass up or use the restroom.  I'm convinced that Gavin and Wyatt can sense something big is going to happen soon.  Wyatt has even been rubbing his face on my tummy a lot which is very different.  I've been trying extra hard to give them all the snuggles they desire and reassure them of my love and that all is well in their world.  I pray extra hard for their hearts and minds during this transition.

38 weeks today, and a week from tomorrow I'll be holding our beautiful blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment