Thursday, August 9, 2012

'Back to the Feet of Jesus' : Update

This past week God has given me an incredible increase in peace, patience and joy as I mentioned in my last post.  I am so thankful!  This past week has also been a lot more difficult physically.  I'm at the very end of pregnancy and my body knows it.  Yesterday I was beyond exhausted physically, and after several nights of not sleeping well, I knew today was going to have to be a 'snuggle day'; a day where we didn't have any plans or go anywhere.  So I woke up wanting a calm day to recuperate as much as possible.

I woke up thinking about ME and satan decided to use that as a foothold.

I am convinced the boys sense some big change is going to happen soon, because they are super clingy.  Not just wanting to snuggle or be near me (which is common and I just love!), but they both have to be on my lap or in my arms at all times of the day (and I mean both on my growing-smaller-by-the-day-lap).  The minute I stand up it's a disaster.  And today... it's reached a peak!  While Gavin's actually in a really sweet mood, something has sent Wyatt for a loop.  He's super super super clingy and very upset unless I'm holding him.  We've snuggled all day, but there have still been LOTS, and I mean LOTS of whining and crying today, and it's only 1pm (I could have written the same thing at 9am, but it's just continued since then).

Anyways, I realized my folly this morning thinking about my convenience and need for rest; albeit natural.  I've asked God to help shift my focus instead onto Him and my sweet family, knowing He is already taking care of me.  I'm trying to ask Him what I can do for my sweet boys today, especially seeing how next week will be such a major change with Luke's arrival!  I've recited my Scripture passages I've posted along the house, along with lots of others hidden safely in my heart!

I'm still wide eyed in frustration sometimes, but I'm thankful for the great peace and love God has filled me with.  I'm thankful for the eye opener for my need to change focuses from me to them and God.  I'm praying hard and very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment