Friday, March 2, 2012

Luke Alan French!!!

Jason arrives home from work, and after the hurrays, hugs and kisses, we head down stairs. 'The doctor called this afternoon, but I didn't answer," I tell him. We smile and begin to dial the number that will give us the automated message sharing the good news of the sex of our child in my womb. Jason puts the phone on speaker. The boys begin to get louder and louder as they chase each other around the living room. The two of us huddle close to each other over the phone as Gavin and Wyatt pull on our pant legs. "Congratulations, you are having a boy!" Laughter is what you'd hear next if you were in the room with us as we hugged each other and the boys. Tears of joy come to my eyes just from knowing more about the amazing person God is knitting together inside my womb.

Over the next week nothing but a huge smile and lots of giggles would appear when I thought of the three precious sons God has entrusted us with. I can see the three of them playing together and growing close. I can see the wrestling matches and mud playing. I can see the guys hunting trips and our four wheeler adventures. I can see all the bugs and boo boos too. Oh, to have three boys! What a joy! It still makes me giggle as I write that. To be a mom of three boys! To be outnumbered with testosterone... hehe!

I think of 'my boys', but I also think of our youngest as an individual. What will he be like? What are his God given gifts, passions, likes and dislikes. What does God have planned for him? My prayers are endless for him as they are with Gavin and Wyatt. I pray more than anything that He knows and loves the Lord with all his heart, soul and mind. I pray that he walks with God all of his days and is a 'man after God's own heart'. I pray as parents we will help to bring out the boy and man God created him to be.

Jason and I have decided on the name Luke Alan French!!

Aw, my little Luke. Oh how much you are loved!

Thank You God for our three boys; Gavin, Wyatt and Luke!!


Here are the pictures of the flowers, balloons and keep sake my mom sent the 5 of us!





1 comment: