Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You Are Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

March 6, 2011. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was the day before you two, our precious sons would be born. So many wonderful thoughts and curiosities filled my mind. Family had driven in to town already to help us celebrate your birth day. We were so thankful that our pregnancy had gone so smooth and we were all healthy. Daddy and I were so ready to meet you two! What would you be like? How did God specifically knit together Gavin and specifically knit together Wyatt? My arms ached to hold and kiss you both. The night before your birth day Daddy and I had a nice dinner together and snuggled watching a movie at home. We then tried to get some rest for the big day ahead… But… Mama couldn’t sleep. I spent most of the night thinking about you two and praying that I could become the mother your two deserve and I so long to become.

March 7, 2011. It will forever be a most special date in our hearts, right next to May 6, 2006. The memories of that day are painted in my heart; pictures that I visit often throughout the days. I remember how nervously excited we were as we were getting ready to go to the hospital that morning. I’ll never forget the way you both looked the first time I saw you, kissed you, whispered in your ear, held you, nursed you, snuggled you. And I’ll never forget the way you looked at me and the way you felt in my arms.

All those tears I cried as I prayed to God to bless us with children were carefully caught in His hands as He smiled and knew His plans for us. All that time God knew the special sons He would entrust us with. Gavin and Wyatt, never forget how special you are to God, your father and mother. You are loved greatly for who you are. Never forget that you are fearfully and wonderfully made! I thank God for entrusting us with such amazing young boys.

Words cannot begin to express the joy I have felt watching you grow into the wonderful toddlers you are today. I am amazed and so thankful as I have been able to watch your every move and development as you discover the world God has created for us. Your love for life leaves everyone around you with giant smiles on their faces. You bring such joy to everyone.

My prayer for you both, above all else, is that you grow to know, love and follow God every day of your life. That you become ‘a man after God’s own heart’. Trust in God and lean on Him for each step you take. Know He is always with you and will always be. You are great loved my dear precious sons. Thank you Lord for our precious blessings You have entrusted to us. I pray You continue to help us grow into the parent we so long to be and our sons deserve.

Happy Birthday my dear sweet sons. YOU ARE FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!! I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment