Sunday, March 21, 2010

Making My Heart Smile

What makes my heart smile?


Sunshine and soft breezes,
Flowers of all colors, shapes and sizes,
The sound of children laughing
And newborns crying
My dogs running a muck and wrestling
Giving my dogs a treat and watching their ears perk up
Snuggling my sweet husband
Morning ‘coffee time’ with my husband on the weekends
Kisses and hugs from my husband
Hearing my husband’s laughter
Being held as I cry
Dancing to great beats

Dancing with my husband
Beautiful songs about God
Seeing God in people’s lives
Scripture
Hope in our Lord

Quiet times with God
Goofy games
Sitting on the shore of lakes and watching the ripples or waves lap upon the shore line
Sound of birds chirping
Taking pictures

Holding my grandmother's hand
Reading books
Babies sleeping
Children’s chubby hands
Our Basset puppies and all their cuteness
Laughing and sharing life with family
Find those few friends in life who God sent your way

Thinking of my great husband holding our children for the first time
Thinking of our sweet children
Thinking of the joy our children will bring our mothers
and all the loving and spoiling our children will receive from them
Knowing God is right here with us
God's peace and joy
Thinking that someday our families will live much closer to us
and all the fun we will have
Mother-daughter times
Sister 'coffee times'
Brother-sister times
Organizing
Knowing others are praying for us
Seeing God guide and direct our paths

Finding a home church
Getting to start lady mentoring friendships b/w teens and us in our 20s


These are just a few of my favorite things...!

No comments:

Post a Comment